Thanks Giver

Pheasant Feathers for Thanksgiving 

When you are called upon to share the things for which you are grateful do the same big items come forth is your brain?  Jesus, my family, good health, America, a home, a car, etc.? Here is a new idea I came up with to use around the table Thanksgiving Day. 

At each person's place setting will either be a pretty feather or an acrylic pumpkin the grandchildren have painted.  These will be the "take home" party favors.  Rolled up on the end of the feather or tapped to the bottom of the pumpkin will be the name of a body part written on gold foil paper.

As you read your word you are to share something you are thankful for related to that word.

Example: 

Eyes-I am thankful I have had the opportunity to see oceans, lakes, mountains and the desert with my eyes. One of my favorite sites is.....

Nose-I am thankful for the smell of chocolate chip cookies coming out of the oven, the smell of fresh lemons and cinnamon sticks!

Ears- I am thankful for the sound of the harp, the wind chimes outside my window and laughter. I especially love the chuckle of a baby. 

Hands-I am thankful God created hands and I'm thankful for a husband who uses his hands to rub my back and feet when they ache.

Feet-I am thankful for the feet of my children and the many ways God has used them. They've run on basketball and tennis courts, football fields, and through the woods shooting paintballs at one another. They have slipped into wakeboard, snowboard, ski and riding boots and taken them across the water and snow.

O Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.  Psalm 95:1-3  


I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.  Psalm 9:1 


The Songs

"Give Thanks" Janella Salvador 

(This is an old song that's a favorite of mine. Talented young vocalist.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRgB26rPIs


"Thanks Giver" by Crowder (A friend sent this link to a song that is new to me,)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxDKchUybN0

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?