Count it Joy and Seek God

Joyful cousins!

Paige Brown's current study on The Book of James and had me digging deeply related to counting it all joy.
I always look for the action verbs and try to evaluate if I’m living out those actions. In her lecture she referred to these actions, as believers we are to take.


Avoid Complacency-"James feared complacency more than persecution."
Count it all joy knowing the pain and suffering won’t be wasted and God will bring something beautiful from it.
Ask God “If” you lack wisdom. (We all lack wisdom!)
Receive" the answers God gives! Wisdom only comes because we RECEIVE."
Boasting-she mentions wealth and $, but I’ve been convicted it can be other things…a healthy marriage, chidden, grandchildren. They are all gifts from God, not something in which we should boast.  Now we can boast about Jesus and how he transforms our lives.
Remaining-"We live by what we love. The shape of our lives is determined by the joys of our hearts." Where is my treasure?

What followed this lesson last Monday was a week of medical quandaries for my man, which led to three different doctors appointments and at one point a concern there was a tumor on his spine.  NOT, it was very strong back muscles.  But in those days of wondering, my mind worried and wandered. There are still some concerns in other areas, but we are trusting the Lord.

Check out the amazing message God sent me in Jesus Calling. It was a perfect pulling back on the reins of worry and setting my face on my Lord and Savior, the Keeper of my faith.

“Seek My face and you will find more than you ever dreamed possible. Let Me displace worry at the center of your being. I am like a supersaturated cloud, showering Peace into the pool of your mind.  My Nature is to bless. Your nature is to receive with thanksgiving. This is a true fit, designed before the foundation of the world. Glorify Me be receiving My blessings gratefully.

I am the goal of all your searching. When you seek Me, you find Me and are satisfied.  When lessor goals capture your attention, I fade into the background of your life.  I am still there, watching and waiting, but you function as if you were alone.  Actually, My Light shines on every situation you will ever face. Live radiantly by expanding your focus to include Me in all your moments.  Let nothing dampen your search for Me."

When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”  Psalm 27:8

Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.  Philippians 4:2 (MSG)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13

The Song
"Stand In Faith" Danny Gokey

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?