Passing on the Prayers

I don't know that I've ever prayed over someone who did not appreciate it.  When you ask the Holy Spirit to direct your prayers He makes them spot on.

Tucking our 5 year old grandson in New Year's Eve, I prayed a very personalized prayer over him and he looked at me afterwards and said,  “That was good.”  I could just gobble him up.

This was the prayer.
God, I want to thank You for how you have made this child  What a wonderful day it was when you thought of making him.  You said, “I will have this one come into the world on January 28th.  I’m going to give him blonde hair, strong eye brows, eyes that twinkle, a really cute nose and ears, lips that make a beautiful smile and strong teeth.

He will have strong arms that can throw a football and a baseball and hands and fingers that can grip tightly to the handle bars on a bike.  His legs will be super strong for running, jumping, and pedal, pedal, pedaling on his bike.  His feet will be perfect to fit on the pedals and also work great for jumping in puddles and creeks.

Thank You God that I get to be his Mama Boo and that he comes to visit me. He is so much fun to be with. Tonight would you give him dreams that make him laugh out loud as he remembers blowing that party horn and the straw under his arm pit so LOUDLY!

May he always know how much Jesus loves him.  Amen."

I'm in Mama Boo heaven.

The Song

"To Be His Child" Shawna Edwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6-AazBLT4g



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?