Martha, Martha

 

This hippo has more than a mouthful.

I awakened for the all too familiar 3AM potty call and then couldn't shut my mind off.  First I was going over the details for a mentoring program we were doing at church that morning and ended up on the computer printing off a schedule and emailing a few people.

By 4AM I knew I needed to go back to sleep, but my mind had other ideas.  It shifted into menu planning for Thanksgiving week. Are you kidding me?  Then I heard the Lord clearly, "Martha, Martha," He said, "You are worrying about many things when you should be thinking about me."

So, now it is 5AM and I am typing these thoughts and hopefully heading back for an hour of sleep before I head off into a very busy day.

Luke 10:38-42

The Lord and his disciples were traveling along and came to a village. When they got there, a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat down in front of the Lord and was listening to what he said. Martha was worried about all that had to be done. Finally, she went to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn't it bother you that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her to come and help me!”The Lord answered, “Martha, Martha! You are worried and upset about so many things, but only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen what is best, and it will not be taken away from her.”

The Song

“Heaven Song” Phil Wickham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrEq64uwxOg


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?