Pounce on the Positive

 

Off to watch our 14 year old grandson play his last football game of the season!

A family of 3 generations of football players!

When we place ourselves in purposeful fellowship, where God's Word is the central feature of our gathering times, we grow.  The past few years I have been in a "connect group" from our church called Sisters of the Round Table.  We meet weekly around a circular kitchen table to discuss God's Word in various formats and pray, pray, pray. God has great purpose in teaching us to "stir one another" to be devoted to study His Word together.  

This past week we completed a study called "Growing Together" which is a challenge to mentor others. As I listen to the insight of these other women and all they glean from meditating on God's Word my own mind is stimulated and what God is trying to teach me is enhanced.

Having been in constant pain the past 10 months it's been a challenge for Boojoyful to be joyful always, but I shared with these women how last Saturday our five year old grandson was on the sofa snuggling with me and expresses his sorrow over how much pain I am in.  My grandmother's heart did not want him to be sad and the Holy Spirit prompted me to share how grateful I am.

I told this cutie pie, "It's okay!  It is just one body part.  Look at all the things that do work on me.  I can see you with my eyes, hear you with my ears,  taste yummy food with you and my arms are able to wrap around you and my fingers tickle your back."  He cheered right up and said, "Wow! You are right." 

Bless his sweet bones he went outside to play on our basketball court and was back in under ten minutes with a torn up knee. It hurt him so much and after we bandaged it up he was hobbling just like his Mama Boo, but we had to remember it was just one body part!

My Sisters of the Round table and I discussed how we tend to dwell on the negative when we should really be pouncing on the positive parts of life with gratitude in our hearts.  Yup, be joyful always, pray without ceasing and give thanks in all things.  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Acts 2:42-47 

And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, ...

Ephesians 4:1-16 

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, ...

Matthew 18:19

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.


The Song

"Through it All" Andrae Crouch (Sweet testimony and song to follow.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIxwc90BEI


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?