Fear Not-We Are Champions




Three o'clock the day before one of our sons was to coach his son's basketball team in the semi-final and possibly championship games, he lay for 45 minutes in an MRI machine being scanned for a possible brain tumor.  He said one good thing was he had these games and all the rotation options on his  mind, so that helped the time pass.  

While I knew I was not to be growing anxious, I am a mother and my mama's heart was emotionally over ruling what I know to be true of God. Also, I knew the reality of a Friday afternoon MRI meant results may not come until the following Monday or Tuesday and it could be a long weekend.

Praise the Lord, he opened his MyChart before dinner Friday night and read "Normal brain!"

At one point his wife asked him, "How can you be so calm?"  He said, "I believe in the sovereignty of God."   

For those secure in the love of Christ, we can lay our burdens down and remember no matter what earthly game plan we come up, what rotations we go through, we finish this competition called life as champions! Our reward for enduring the race awaits us in heaven.  And that's the reason we can say, "Hallelujah!" everyday.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you..." Isaiah 41:10

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Romans 8:37

But thanks be to God! He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57


The Song

"Strong"- Anne Wilson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFk2iYq4Zjk




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?