I Don't Really Care if they Like Me

My women's church connect group is a great source of prayer and support.
 

After committing to speak at a woman's weekend retreat, the devil darts were flying and I didn't know how it would all come together. A few nights before I said to my husband, "Don't ever let me do this again. I really don't like it."  My rant continued.

"Years ago, when I was a Christian Women's Club speaker, I think I really wanted them to like me. Now, I really don't care if they like me or not."

He said, "I think you should start off saying that."  We laughed and laughed.

He went on..."Say, I don't really care if you like me or what I have to say.  I'm just doing what God told me and speaking truth, so there. Just sit back and listen." 

Oh, my I love this man. He does make me laugh.

God loves us too and what he calls us to has purpose and He does the equipping, so I decided to go in joy.

My topic was "Wisdom from a Worn In Grandmother" based on a favorite passage "Be joyful always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

It was a wonderful weekend, I awakened Sunday morning missing them and praying  we gather together again soon. God does know what he's up to and answered the prayers of all of you praying for me. I'm giving thanks for you right now.

Those of you from the retreat send pictures. I didn't have a chance to take one.

Love, Mama Boo


The Song

Joy of the Lord” Maverick City 

(Yes, I know it's 14 minutes, but go for as much joy as you can.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFq7YQM1Js

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?