Robber..Be Gone

August 4
Tonight I am being robbed of my sleep. Although physically and
emotionally exhausted when my head hit my pillow my eyes were able to
close, but my mind would not shut off.
Grasping for scripture to lull me to sleep Jeremiah 29:11 came to me.
For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for
welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

Drifting off after that a few good hours of rest were provided until the
infamous 3AM hot flash descended/ascended or came from within and sent
the covers flying. Rolling onto my back I looked up at the ceiling where
the rays of a nightlight reflected a square of light onto the surface and
two blades of a ceiling fan shown there forming a perfect "peace sign".
Once again God had me smiling! (Not sleeping mind you, but smiling and
ready to get up and be with Him.) Gently He reminded me who sends
distractions and robs us of our joy and peace.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

John 10:9-11
Now I will take what was appearing to be a Baaaaaad night, reflect on the
love of my Shepherd and head back to bed knowing He is watching over me.

My the peace of the Lord be with each of you today.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?