The Same, but different

March 2

In my closet cleaning out the other day, I came across four thermometers. Deciding to do a random accuracy check, I eliminated one (since it was special...if you get my drift). Taking my temperature, all three recorded different results ranging from 97 to 98.2. So much for thermometers...I think I will stick to my mother's technique of the hand to the forehead. I remember my pediatrician asking over the phone once...how much fever does your child have? My response.."A handful."

Thermometers have the same purpose, but can vary in their exact results. Churches are similar. Hopefully, all Christian churches are established on the Sovereignty of God's Word, and have the goal of teaching the ways of Christ,the need for repentance, the command to come together to worship Christ and encourage the body of believers towards obedience. The temperature or amount of the Holy Spirit which is present in those places varies..some are certainly colder than others! When the Holy Spirit is allowed to move, the temperature is perfect!

Come Holy Spirit come, fill each of us today.
Empty us of ourselves and teach us to live Jesus' way.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?