His Choice

September 15

We have some major landscaping needs before this upcoming wedding and we called in a professional to discuss several problem areas. Several times he asked me, "What did you have in mind?" I responded, "I need your mind, you are the professional."

We have a drainage issue in our driveway and have a delightful young gentleman who had the equipment to come in and address it, but has never put a drain in before. He is willing to attempt anything we ask, but neither my husband or I have done this before either. We want it done correctly, so I am calling in a consult from an expert, my father, and I will leave the choice to him!

There is a powerful Elisabeth Elliot quote which goes like this:
"God gives the very best to those who leave the choice to Him."

Oh, how either from being born impulsive (used to be me) or exhibiting pride thinking we don't need help, we often make choices in our own will, when by bowing before the Father and submitting to His will we would be so much better off.

Lord, we can't fool You. You are God and You know us inside out. Confessing is no fun, but it is good for our health! Hear our cries today Father as we seek forgiveness for the messes we have made and the opportunities to bring You glory we have missed. As the leaves are beginning to fall, may our self-centeredness fall away as well. May we realize our hearts stand naked before You, as a tree without her leaves, fully exposed. Chip away the places of our lives which are infested with sin, selfishness, bitterness or rage and have the potential to infect others. Restore us to what is lovely and pleasing in Your sight.
In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?