Knowledge

September 19

The word which was given me over and over during my quiet time was "knowledge".
Be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Colossians 1:9b

"I know that beyond my education and experience there are solutions to problems I will not think of without Your gift of knowledge...Now as I begin this day, once again I confess how much I need the gift of knowledge. People I love are troubled by complex problems. I want to give them more than my limited advice." Lloyd John Ogilvie

A wonderful companion to knowledge is discernment. Me, oh my, does humanity need this when it comes to the media. Praise the Lord, he has given us the Holy Spirit to help us decipher what is true. So often we strain along on our own not utilizing the tools we have been given to lighten our load. Yesterday my husband and I did a whole lot of yard work and there were times when gloves, wheelbarrows, screwdrivers and even buckets would have made our tasks much easier, but often feeling rushed we didn't take time to accept the aid. The same is true when we need knowledge. We are rushed, want an immediate answer and are not willing to sit before the source and seek His face! Pencil in a "sit" with Jesus today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?