Disconnect

November 16

Driving into the city yesterday, my eyes were drawn to the broken yellow lines signaling an appropriate passing lane. My morning had been a bit rushed and I was heading in to do some baby gift and Christmas shopping before meeting some friends. I had quieted myself in the Word but there had been several interruptions during that time and I felt a disconnect from the Lord. Those broken lines represented what I felt...too much space between the Lord and me.
Immediately following the broken lines were the two parallel solid lines! What a great reminder that Jesus is walking shoulder to shoulder with us.

Picking up one of my girlfriends, she explained she was feeling a "disconnect" from God. "I'm not mad at Him, " she explained, "just not connected like I would like to be."

I felt the closeness return as I picked up the Jesus Calling devotional this morning and read this verse:

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Psalm 73:23-24

Prayer is our plug in!
If we want to stay connected we need to spend time with both our Bibles and our hearts open, sitting before the Lord listening.

"In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part. Matthew 6:14

Let's pray: Always waiting with open arms, You are all we need Father. Forgive us when we pull the plug and pull away from You. Place a pen in our palm, position paper before us and bring Your written Word alive, as we plug into Your letters of loving guidance for us. Transform our minds making Your desires our desires, for therein lies our joy. In Jesus' Name, Amen


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?