False Security

November 3

I've been baby sitting for our grandson in VA Beach since Sunday. With tears in my eyes, I hit the road back to the Lake today. There were several route options for my return, which I was aware of, but the one of my choosing would not come up on my GPS, so it was signaling a false security for me as I weaved and wound my way through high traffic areas and underwater tunnels.
In desperation, among five lanes of traffic, I picked up the phone and called my son and said ,"Help! Tell me the way to go!"
His response..."Keep your eyes on 460W."

What a great correlation to our life with the Lord. We cry out, "Help, tell us where to go!" His replies..."Keep your eyes on Me!"
Other avenues we may seek for answers and comfort offer a false security, but the way of the Lord is filled with truth, hope and love.

I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?