It's A Boy

November 30
Yesterday I had the privilege of joining my daughter for her ultrasound to see if she is having a boy or a girl. Having five younger brothers I think a part of her was thinking a girl might be nice. Not this time. It's a boy!
Today is St Andrew's Day. Lloyd John Ogilvie writes: "Lord Christ as Andrew the fisherman left his nets to become Your disciple, so too today I recommit my life to answer Your call. 'Come, follow me!' He took took You seriously when You promised him and the other disciples, 'I will make you fishers of men.'"
My precious daughter came and crawled in my bed this morning for us to do our quiet times together. She has been involved with a ministry called Young Life since her high school days. She has been a student participant, summer camp volunteer and paid summer staff, a volunteer leader as a college student, and now as an adult is still a leader and also the administrative assistant in the city where she lives. As she was studying God's Word she shared with me this thought: "It seems to be that there is a shortage of godly men in our country. We are always praying for male leadership in Young Life. It thrills my heart to think that my husband and I have the opportunity to raise up a boy who may become a strong male Christian leader."

That is such a perfect example of where our hearts should be. We look at the circumstances we are in, praise God for what He has given us and evaluate how those gifts and resources can be used for His glory! Oh, boy!

Let's Pray: Father, We praise Your name! You have formed each of us to your perfection. What we may see as flaws, You plan to use as a draw...a way to draw us and others closer to You for our good! Open our eyes Lord that we might see Jesus today and desire to be like Him. In His name we pray, Amen

My daughter just shared this quote by Charles Day Fouchauld:
The more we lack everything, the more we resemble Jesus crucified.

Hmm...Look to Him to look like Him!
Love to each of you today. Tell someone about the life of the Dec. 25th birthday boy today.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?