Contentment

March 16
Traveling the past two weeks, I've driven through the grandeur of neighborhoods such as Nashville's Belle Meade, Atlanta's Buckhead and the Swan House, and then drooled over the lavish yachts and beach homes of West Palm Beach, Florida. The busyness of visiting family was a good distraction to the grief that lingers deep down in my heart.
Meandering back into the country side of Moneta, my husband thought it quite timely that my Bible study for that day was titled: Freedom from Want- The Burden of Discontent

Lucado says: "Discontentment is a kind of prison."

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1

"We don't "want" for any thing because nothing compares with knowing and loving him-and we trust him to meet our needs."

I thirst for the living God. When can I go meet with him? Psalm 42:2

My girlfriend was the true picture of contentment. Her thoughts were always focused on others, not self. She had no desire for earthly treasures. The cry of her heart was to know Christ more. She is with Him now.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?