Get Your Story Straight




March 27
The rains poured down this past weekend and my husband came into the kitchen and sang, "Pick 'em up a paw paw put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day." Inquisitively, I replied, "What is a paw paw?" He shrugged his shoulders and walked on.

The investigation began as I learned that a paw paw is actually a fruit, grown on a tree and is native to the very area in which I live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWr_Uj31L90

Accidentally, wanting to save the reference "What is a Paw Paw?" the question published on the blog and one of my favorite readers, who is a precious mentor and encourager, replied that a paw paw was a piece of cotton that would be picked up and placed in an apron. She said as a child she sang the song, "Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw patch."

That lead me to look up the lyrics and no where in the song is the refrain, "Save it for a rainy day." Calling to my husband, I felt it important to clear up this fact. "Look up Perry Como," he insisted and there we found..."Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket." We began to laugh heartily over our weekend inquiry!

When people approach us inquiring about Jesus, with questions like..."How do I get Jesus in my heart?" We need to have our story straight and not keep it as mystery like the process of putting one of those sailing ships in a bottle? We need to know who He is?

Here is Googled video which is fairly viewer friendly.

Campus Crusade's site has a wealth of information as well.

If someone asked you today..."Who is this Jesus you love so much?" do you have your story straight?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?