Tempted by Desire

March 14
No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it. 1 Cor. 10:13

We are to chew on the Word of God, as a cow chews on its cud. The Message puts it this way:
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you've done it.
I relish everything you've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it.
Psalm 119:16

Yesterday, I read a morsel (quote) by Adrian Rogers and I have been chewing it over and over.
"A temptation is an inducement by the devil to satisfy a legitimate desire in an illegitimate way."

He goes on to call the devil a pervert and explains he has "no raw material". All the devil is able to do is take what God has created and pervert it. What we have to do is find a legitimate, Biblically based way to satisfy those desires.

Hillsong has a great song about desiring to serve the Lord.

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart. Psalm 40:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?