How Mornings Start in Nashville


May 6
One by one, the pairs of little feet pitter pat into the guest room where I was sleeping and warm little bodies snuggled into the bed beside me awaiting a back tickle and some Mama Boo kisses.  They are usually good for another thirty minutes of "semi-sleep", once this process begins.

My Monday night's sleep was interrupted by a nightmare.  In the dream, I was attending a church service and asked to stand with a man desiring baptism.  I"ll spare you the dream details, but there had been unrest in this town (maybe like Baltimore) and gunmen came into the church to massacre the people.  So unsettling. Then reality set in and I took the challenge to pray at that very moment for protection for the persecuted Body of Christ around the world .
Opening Biblegateway, to search the scriptures of comfort,  Philippians 4:6-7 stared right at me as the verse of the day.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, 
which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:10 

Lord, see how my enemies persecute me!
Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death.
Psalm 9:13

An hour and a half passed before falling back to sleep, but I believe with all my heart that middle of the night prayers are powerful!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?