Making Memories


May 4
While baby sitting in Nashville, I decided we should take the boys to a park in a nearby suburb.  Lunch time was creeping up and I knew there was a Chick Fil A in that town and I thought I could find it, but wasn't certain which direction to head as we departed the park.  Walking to the parking lot another pair of grandparents had just gotten out of their car and they were carrying a Chick Fil A bag!  I approached them,  "Excuse me, from one grandparent to another, would you tell me where the closest Chick Fil A is located?"  Although, visiting from Florida, they obliged with confidence!
We need to make memories while we can.  
My husband started a delightful family tradition for our adult children, who are strewn from coast to coast.  Every Thursday, he tosses out an email with memory or category from the past.  They are to either come up with the correct answer to a question posed or share a memory from a category.  Week before last it was a challenge to see who could remember all the cars we have had over the years and then share any memories they have related to that vehicle.  Last week, in honor of my father's birthday, they all shared hilarious memories of "Life with Davedaddy."  While we are miles apart it is a brilliant way to bring us together in spirit and love!

"I thank God every time I remember you."
Philippians 1:3

The memory of what Jesus did for us should never be forgotten.
"And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, 
'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.'" 
Luke 22:19  

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?