My Mother's Joy



December 3
I think this down time is making me nutty.  Sitting on my bed I found myself cheering...
I love Jesus, yes I do. I love Jesus how bout you?"  I think it made Jesus smile!  In reality, I should feel blessed to have a few days at home alone to just hang out with Jesus.  Yesterday, we danced together to Christmas carols!

When my sister came from Florida to visit she brought along a bottle of "JOY" perfume. It's the perfume our mother wore.  For 14 years, I kept a small bottle from her dressing table in my bathroom, but then it turned a dark yucky color, so I parted with the treasure.  While it's not my choice of scents, it is a reminder of her and my favorite word!

What makes your joy complete?  Would you answer as Paul has in Philippians 2:1-3

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  Do nothing out of selfish or vain conceit,  Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?