Ironing Again

This one knows how to swing through life!

August 1
On July 25th I shared how my mind tends to drift to negative thoughts when I'm ironing and weeding.  Being conscious of that, as I picked up my iron once again I chose to take all my thoughts captive and concentrate on listening to the Spirit. 

I sensed a nudging to email a specific group of believers and share, "Remember, it's not all about us, let's be on the lookout for what God is calling us to today."  Just as quickly as that thought came, came that thought that I am not my sister's keeper and I don't want to be in their faces with suggestions. Nobody likes to hear that God told them to tell you something! I was sticking by my "pray it, don't say it" philosophy and didn't email.

Doing it MY way, I took the above thoughts to my journal and wrote.  Then I heard more....

Stop, Look, Listen!

The best blessings are found in obedience when you surrender to His will and His ways.

The best views in life come when we look beyond ourselves to the needs of others.

Selfishness stinks!

Hmm, washing and ironing do have to get done.  Now I see why some people turn on a show while they do it.  Then they don't have to listen to the Lord.

Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
Psalm 119:34

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10  


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?