He is All Things



For unto us a child is born...and his name shall be be called...

Wonderful Counselor

Mighty God

Everlasting Father

Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9:6
December 12
Growing up in the Methodist church I became accustomed to the rotation of ministers.  In the case of our church it was every 4-7 years the switch occurred.  One minister might be a strong preacher, the next a great administrator and then maybe one whose strength was pastoring the flock.  Our gifts, as humans, are varied.  It's good to remember that when we look at others.  Do we look at our parents, siblings, business colleagues, classmates, and friends and say, "Thank You God for the amazing gifts you have given this person and for placing them in my life."

Ugh, yuck, stab, conviction.  I'm involved in a mentoring ministry right now and each month we set a goal to pray for a characteristic of Christ to be strengthened in us.  This month we are working on holiness. My mission is to practice speaking positively.  It has made me realize how many negative comments I make about situations and individuals. When my husband walks in the door, I'm ready to dump my frustrations with others in his lap!  Tonight when he comes home, I hope to have only positive things to say!

There are those names of Jesus again!  Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. He has every gift! He is our All in All.  There's nothing negative to say about Him!

Take out your journey or a slip of paper to stick in your Bible and jot down 10 names of people close to you.  (Not necessarily those who are your top ten favs, but people you encounter on a regular basis.)  Now give them a "name" or "label" which testifies to a God given gift they have!  Someday if they come across this list, it will be an encouragement to each of these people.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?