Out Done!


The first snowfall in Minnesota, a couple weeks ago,
produce a snowman of immense height.  
Our son and daughter in law outdid themselves with this one!

December 8

God outdid himself when he sent Jesus as the sacrifice for our sins.  It's truly mind boggling when we stop to think about the enormity of that kind of love. 

Have you said "yes" too many times to the allures of the season? It's a challenge to keep it simple and all about Jesus.  Committing to "stop" and seek Him daily helps place us in a "right" position.  Monday night I attended the children's Christmas program at the Christian school where my husband works.  It was such a thrill to watch the enthusiasm of the children worshipping the Lord.  The program itself was a school teaching tool, instilling the story of Jesus' birth and the power of his Word into their lives.  

Some of the cast members were dressed in shepherd and sheep attire.  The song was so "real" about how stinky and low the life of a shepherd can be.  It is a life of commitment and provision, which correlates with all Christ does for us as our Good Shepherd.

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-
just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the sheep."  
John 10:14-15

The last song these children sang was "Shout Immanuel."  They were jumping for Jesus with joy and it was contagious.

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: 
The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will all him Immanuel."  
Isaiah 7:14  

The fact that God is with us is reason to rejoice and to give thanks!  God will not be outdone!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?