The Hunt

Christmas tree hunting with one of our sons and his family was a delight.




December 6


Picking up an old read, Max Lucado’s book, Cosmic Christmas, sparked insight.
The book is written from Gabriel’s perspective, as he is being sent on the assignment where Mary will "be with child." Lucado writes that Gabriel may have said:
“Just the sound of my King’s voice stirred my heart.”
Can we say likewise?

In one part God is explaining to Satan how he will come to earth as Immanuel, God with us.
Satan asks, “Why would you do this?”

Isn't that thought provoking?  
Satan knows enough about heaven to know no one would swap that life for life on earth.

Lucado writes: 
“The Father’s voice was deep and soft.  ‘Because I love them.'"  He replied to Satan.

Lucado gives an arrogant voice to Lucifer’s thoughts as he converses with God.
“Ever since the fruit was plucked from the tree in the garden, I’ve held your children captive.  
They fell. Fast. Hard. They are mine.  You have failed. Heh, heh, heh.”

“You speak so confidently,” replies the Father, astounding me (Gabriel) with His patience.

Lucifer stepped forward, his cloak dragging behind him and says,   “Of course! I thwart everything You do!  You soften hearts. I harden them.  You teach truth, I shadow it.  You offer joy, I steal it.”

God answers, “Your deceptions have only served as platforms for My mercy.  You are still my servant Satan…Every act you have intended for evil, I have used for good.”


Are you cheering yet?  More to come tomorrow…stay close to your Savior!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?