Train Up a Child


This little one's father is a home builder and his father has him training to follow in his
footsteps.  He knows his tools and how to use them!

December 30
This week the house has been filled with grandchildren enjoying "Cousins' Camp."  We've cooked, crafted, played games, gone to the movies, and run through the woods.
Unfortunately, my husband has had food poisoning and we've had a rough night and I've been on my own today.

I bet I've called on Jesus twelve times already and it's been good training ground for the children to see He is always there.  Our grandson asked if his Papa was going to die from the poisoning. I said, I didn't think so, but I bet that he wanted too he feels so terrible.  Our granddaughter asked me how much longer I would be living. The reply, "Only God knows the number of our days." Enthusiastically, this perky five year old said, "I think you have another year!"  My husband inquired about her take on him..."Zero years," she said.  He'd probably agree.

Jesus has words of encouragement..."I have told you these things, so that in my you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?