To Be....Still


Practicing his cello makes him smile.



January 31

Monday,  my mother in law was discharged from the hospital and I took her to her home to get settled, my husband stayed at the hospital with his father who they were trying to discharge to a nursing home for physical therapy.  That didn't happen until late afternoon. Whew! Calgon take us away.  Actually, I was way past a warm bath. I texted my prayer group..."Jesus come back tonight!"

My husband is staying with is mother 24/7 until his sister can come give him a reprieve and we can get caregivers in place.  While sitting in the car that day I said, "God, we need you."  He said, "Who am I?" I replied, "You are Faithful and True."

Revelations 19:11  "Then I saw Heaven open wide-and oh! a white horse and its Rider.  
The Rider, named Faithful and True..."

"Come, let us shout praises to God, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us!  Let's march into his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns!"  Psalm 95:1-2

While making the drive to Roanoke that morning I was once again blessed by the songs on Christian radio.  The song below speaks to the discipline of praising the Lord before we bring our needs.  Wisdom exudes from the lyrics. God is always ready to minister to us and train us up if we just position ourselves to receive His love and wisdom.  I'm purchasing this one on iTunes today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAt33bI-1As

"Still"
By Hillary Scott
"I believe that You are God alone, but sometimes I still try to take control.
Cause I get scared when I can't see the end and all. You want from me is to let go.

Chorus
You're parting waters, making a way for me. You're moving mountains that I don't even see.
You've answered my prayer, before I even speak. All You need for me to be is still

I bring my praise, before I bring my need. Cause there's no fear, You've not already seen.
I rest my heart on all Your promises, cause I have seen and know Your faithfulness.

Chorus
And know that You are God Be still And know that You, trust that You are parting waters Lord,
You whisper my name, Oh, You answered my prayer You're moving mountains

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?