To Be...Reproved

Not saying it was these two.

May 2
Recognizing that their children do not have cell phones, one of our sons wisely installed a landline for emergencies.  Our number is on automatic dial, so if there is ever a need, a problem, or they are just having a lonely moment they can call us.  Well, they did just that recently.
The whole gang had been banished to their rooms to reflect on their behavior. I don't know what the altercation entailed, but I do know they decided to sneak out and call us!  They didn't mention that a reproving had taken place, they just wanted to chat! 

Busted! I ruined everything by wanting to FaceTime and see a new hair cut one of them had.
So, I dialed their father's number. It was downhill from there.  While he explained they couldn't talk, I hollered out to them, "I'm praying for it to be an brief incarceration!" The dad's reply, "You should be praying for their behavior to be improved!"

Studying this passage recently I found myself meditating on the part that issues a call to consider what our reply is when we are reproved. It is that response that shows the condition of our hearts.


" I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart;
and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, 
and how I may reply when I am reproved.  
Habakkuk 2:1

When we steal away with the Lord we enter his presence with praise and thanksgiving and a heart ready to confess.  If we don't know what to confess, I promise you, He will show us.  I've learned to not cower from that reproving, but thank God that he cares enough to want to clean me up!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?