To Be...Good For Each Other

Taking care of this precious one and joining him at nap time is good for me!

August 24
One of my besties, who died five years ago would say to me "We so good for each otha!"  That is God's plan, right?  For us to build one another up.  When looking for friends, be sure you look for an encourager in the faith.

"God didn't set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ.  He died for us, a death that triggered life.  Whether we're awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we're alive with him!  So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, not one left out, no one left behind.  I know you're already doing this; just keep doing it."
1 Thessalonians 5:10-13

"But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin."  Hebrews 3:13

College students are heading back this week.  Here is a note I wrote to a new freshman.
"I'm excited for what today and the next four years hold for you!  College is such a privilege and is filled with so many daily choices.  Enjoy each day and choose wisely.
I stopped today and prayed specifically that God would give you eyes to see into the hearts of others and give you the desire and wisdom to select friends who encourage and build you up in the faith and allow you the opportunity to invest in them the same way.
Life can change in a moment.  I think I've told you my brother drown, my grandfather was murdered and I found my grandmother dead from a heart attack when I was sixteen years old.  They were all taken from my life much sooner than I was ready to say good-bye.  We don't know what tomorrow holds, so love big and live without regrets.
Remember, I love to pray and am just a text away."

God has someone for you to be good for today.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?