To Be...Thirsty


August 14
There are some amazing splash pads and waterparks in our country.  We stood watching the bucket in this particular park, which eventually brings about an enormous DUMP!

How often in life we feel parched and dried up spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Oh, how we long for refreshment.  David, while in the Desert of Judah, expresses so well what our souls long for!

"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1 

Just as Jesus told the women at the well that he would give her water in which she would never have to thirst again, Isaiah 44:3 points to the water God pours out.

"For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour our my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants."  

May we take time to drink of this water today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?