To Be...Worshipful Day 2

August 2
"Jesus said the Father is seeking those who will worship Him "in spirit and in truth”
But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way." John 4:23

“True worship is a valuing or a treasuring of God above all things.”  John Piper

Day 2 Who is God?
Worship
Make it all about God.  Journal some of your thoughts about God. 
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.
They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.” Psalm 19:1-3

Kneel
Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.”

“O my strength, I will sing praises to You; For God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness.

Nibble
"Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders? Exodus 15:11

Nourish
Listing the names of God and His attributes helps us to know more about God, but that knowledge isn’t worship. 
If  you do nothing else this week get alone with God and listen to this song about the names of God.  If you’ve never lifted your hands to honor him

Worship comes from our heart. It’s a deep love.  A “Jesus is my favorite thing” reality.  An “I can’t wait to be alone with God” priority.  
It is what causes goosebumps when we hear from Him and brings tears to our eyes when others take His name in vain.

“He is..”  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NscHCa395-M  (This is 11 minutes long, but if you only listen to 3 minutes you will learn more about who God is!)

Listen to these songs about who God is.
Our God is an Awesome God. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq_8OJf2FYg

“Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty; the Lord, invincible in battle.”  Psalm 24:8 NLT

“O Lord, what great works you do!  And how deep are your thoughts. But you, O Lord, will be exalted forever.”
Psalm 92:5, 8 NLT

“I will proclaim the name of the Lord; how glorious is our God! He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect.
Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is!”
Deuteronomy 32:3-4

He said, ‘Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power. He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light. Daniel 2:20-22 NLT

Paul tells Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:12 “That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure 
that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.”  We really need to know Him in order to worship Him.

Take a time out and sing.  “I Know Whom I Have Believed”  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bRV3J4n8cc

What do you love most about God?  
Journal your answer and a name of God or attribute that has meaning in your life at this time.


Knock
Father, there is none like You!  Great are You, Lord.  Deep are Your thoughts and incomprehensible Your ways.  You control the course of the world.  Show us the way  You’d have us go. 


Reveal deep mysteries to us. May we be found faithful to serve You all our days. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?