Nail Him to a Cross


This beautiful cross made by the Navajo Indians in Taos, NM
was created from pearl, ivory and turquoise and belongs to a friend of mine.

April 15
"Pilate asked them, 'What am I to do with Jesus, who is called the Messiah?' They all yelled, 'Nail him to a cross!'  Pilate answered, 'But what crime has he done?'  'Nail him to a cross!' they yelled even louder."  Matthew 27:22-23

Oh, this passage disturbs me on various levels.
#1 Whenever I read "What am I to do with Jesus?" I stop in my tracks and personally ponder and ponder my response.

#2 "Nail him to a cross!"  Am I swayed by the emotions of a crowd?  Negativity and complaining are contagious. Maybe I'm not yelling, but my silence can speak volumes.
"Stand up, stand up for Jesus!"



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?