Not Enough



A precious mother from our church posted this on Facebook recently. I asked her if I could please post it here on Boojoyful.
She wrote:
"There are many nights when I'm just ready for the boys to go to bed. I'm ready for "me" time. Ready to watch my shows and unwind. 
When one son goes to bed, I always lay in bed with him and snuggle for a little while before he falls asleep. It's kinda become our thing. Our time together. We talk, laugh, snuggle, and just enjoy each other without any other distractions. 
Tonight, I laid with him for a few minutes and went to get up so I could have my "me" time. 

Son: Mommy don't go.
Me: Buddy I already snuggled with you.
Son: Mommy it's not enough.
That stopped me in my tracts. I immediately climbed back in bed with him and soaked up every moment. Why am I always in such a hurry to leave? To watch shows that won't matter a day, week, or year from now? To work on reports that can wait until tomorrow? To play stupid games on my phone? 
Son you are 100% right. It's not enough. 
Not enough snuggles
Not enough kisses
Not enough of your sweet giggles
Not enough of your silly stories
Not enough of you holding my hand
Not enough of your arms wrapped around my neck in bear hugs
Not enough playtime
Not enough Mommy and son dates
Not enough time
These are the moments that truly matter. 
There's going to come a day when he no longer wants to snuggle, give me kisses, tell me silly stories that make no sense but make me laugh so hard, give me big bear hugs, play together, go on dates, hold my hand. 
"Mommy it's not enough"
You're right buddy. It will never be enough."
❤️
Isn't that the sweetest!
Praise God, Jesus is enoug.h

"Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:2-3
"For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body."  Colossians 2:9
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (The Power of Christ in me!) 2 Corinthians 12:9
"Then Jesus said, Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
"You, LORD, are all I have, and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands."         Psalm 16:5 
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Come to the throne of grace with boldness, confidence, and expectation.) Hebrews 4:16
"Christ in us is the hope of glory!" (Col 1:27)
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5
Praise God, Praise God, Praise God! JESUS IS ENOUGH FOR YOU AND ME!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?