Prepare Him Room




Prepare Him Room.  Somewhere in my day the lyrics to "Joy to the World" must have been playing, for I awakened in the middle of the night with the phrase prepare Him room, ringing in my head. "Joy to the world, the Lord has come, let earth prepare Him room." Conviction set in, I was only three days into a couple Advent studies I'd set aside for this year and I had already fallen behind in one, because I'd allowed preparing our home to look cheery for the holidays and working on church activities to take precedence over time in the Word.  Grabbing my fluffy robe from the back of the dressing room door, I bundled up and headed to sit by the tree and see what God had to say.

What is cluttering your heart?  What needs to be eliminated to make room for Jesus this Christmas?

A beloved couple, who had lived in America for five years, was back visiting this fall from overseas. They used Shiloh as home base, while they tried to pack in seeing as many friends as possible in a two week period.  At one point they were invited to a large party at the college they had attended.  I so appreciate the insight of the wife who said, "I'd rather not go to a large gathering. What happens is the conversations are so superficial.  Everyone says, 'Hey, how are you? It's so good to see you. What have you been doing?'  I'd much rather meet one on one with friends where we can really talk and pray together."

Sometimes the Christmas season, the remembrance of Jesus' birthday, is like that large party.  We go from shopping, to baking, to wrapping, to decorating, to getting our nails done, to office parties, to big family events and "Hey, how are you's?" making no room for intimate conversation with the birthday boy.

Jesus is saying, Come and be with Me, I have so much to share.


Long ago in many ways and at many times God’s prophets spoke his message to our ancestors. But now at last, God sent his Son to bring his message to us. Hebrews 1:1-2a CEV


Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, He got up, went out, and made His way to a deserted place. And He was praying there. Mark 1:35 

The Lord is near all who call out to Him, all who call out to Him with integrity. Psalm 145:18 

He says, Be still, and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10 

Song: Joy to the World




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?