The Sweetest Gift

 


Opening my calendar this morning there was a notation to send out an email to friends who are grieving the loss of a loved one this Christmas. It said to include Chris Aven's song, "The Sweetest Gift". I've already made note to do this in December of 2022 knowing each of us will say farewell someone we love in the coming year, as well.

May this song bless you and may God stir you to send it on to someone who is grieving.

A couple sweet gifts God gave me as I watched my Daddy dying were the day in semi consciousness he looked towards his bedroom window and said, "The choir is singing Faith of Our Fathers.  His nurse, who loved Jesus, looked at me as if to say, "Your father just had a glimpse of heaven." Then hours before he passed, when he was not longer lucid or conversing he quickly sat up and reach his arms up to the sky as if to embrace someone, then he plopped back on his pillow.The young nurse standing by his bed that day looked at me in shock. His movement thrilled my heart for I believe he had just seen Jesus and was excited to go to be with Him.

Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8

My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” Billy Graham

The Song- "The Sweetest Gift" by Chris Aven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvDieQpzZk

 I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. John 6:47

For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

But as Scripture says: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

My Father’s house has many rooms. If that were not true, would I have told you that I’m going to prepare a place for you?   John 14:2 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?