Just Passing Through


As you passed through our church doors Easter morning there was plenty to eat!

Maybe you just entertained some Easter or Spring Break guests who were passing through on their holiday.  Possibly you have some migrating birds who make short stops in your yard. At church, we have numerous people who pass through our doors checking us out.

There are relationships that pass through our lives for a season, as well as employment stepping stones on our career paths which we cross.

Jesus, Paul, and all the disciples did a lot of "passing through" places as they carried the gospel to lost people changing their lives.  Remember this story...

He (Jesus) entered Jericho and was passing through. And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not. because he was small in stature. Luke 19:1-3

Friends, let's remember today that we are just passing through on this earthly journey on our way to our heavenly home, but we have work to do along the way.  Listen for today's marching orders and follow the King!

The Song

"Jesus Does" We the Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZbDx2ktcI

Great lyrics

Who tells the Sun to rise every morning?Colors the sky with the shades of His glory?Wakes us with mercy and love?Jesus doesWho holds the orphan, comforts the widow?Cries for injustice, feels every sorrow?Carries the pain of His children?Jesus does
So we sing praise to the Father who gave us the SonPraise to the Spirit who's livin' in usWhen I was a sinner, He saved me from who I was'Cause that's what Jesus does
Who understands the heart of a sinner?Showers His grace over all our mistakes?Washes us clean with His blood?Jesus does, I believe that He doesWho sings a song of sweet forgiveness?Who stole the keys to hell and the grave?Who has the power to save?Jesus does, yes, He does
So we sing praise to the Father who gave us the SonPraise to the Spirit who's livin' in usWhen I was a sinner, He saved me from who I was'Cause that's what Jesus does
Oh, what a friend, oh, what a SaviorHe's always been good, He's always been faithfulHe came to my rescue when I needed Him mostHe saved my soul
So we sing praise to the Father who gave us the SonPraise to the Spirit who's livin' in usWhen I was a sinner, He saved me from who I wasSo we sing praise to the Father who gave us the Son (gave us the Son)Praise to the Spirit who's livin' in us (oh)When I was a sinner, He saved me from who I wasGod, I know that's what Jesus does
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, ohThat's what Jesus does



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?