The Limp

May 9-10

Today is the birthday of one of our first grade students.
Yesterday, she wanted to share her cupcake cake with me.
Leaving school I asked her to come and speak with me. I explained
with so many students I couldn't purchase gifts for all of them,
but I would like to give her a birthday dollar, but to keep it a
secret. She had on a skirt with no pockets, so we decided the best
hiding place for her dollar would be her sock. (I figured her mom
would find it in the wash in the worst case!) Feeling confident we
had an appropriate solution to avoid the hurt feelings of others I
gave her a hug and watched her LIMP back to class! She was dragging
that dollar foot behind her and I am certain it was not five seconds before
her classmates wanted to know why she was LIMPING!
Help me Jesus!

Webster's has a definition of limp which is appropriate for how
we should limp through life with Jesus...proceed slowly.
Paul speaks of his thorn in this flesh as being a benefit.
Warren W. Wiersbe, in his book Be Encouraged says:
"A pastor friend and I heard a young man preach an eloquent sermon, but it
lacked something. 'There was something missing,' I said to my friend; and he
replied, 'Yes, and it won't be there until his heart is broken. After he has
suffered awhile, he will have a message worth listening to.'"

A limp in life is a learning place which can keep us close to the Father's love.

Let's Pray: Lord, we love You and we want to learn from
our limps in life and pass on those lessons to others. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?