Guard

April 21

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
Psalm 91:11

Just recently my husband was telling "first time mom" tales on me.
He was sharing how I had seen a mouse in our home and was afraid it was going to run in our daughter's room and get in her crib. Entering her room he found me up on a chair, standing guard over her while she slept.

Moses, our bull dog stands guard by me. Wherever I go, he goes (unless he is into a great nap and not to be roused!) When I shower, sometimes he falls asleep right in front of the shower door and I have to bang on it and awaken him to be able to get out!
Merriam Webster defines the noun form of guard as:
one assigned to protect or oversee another
The verb form a:to protect from danger especially by watchful attention : make secure b: to stand at the entrance of as if on guard or as a barrier c : to tend to carefully : preserve, protect : to watch over so as to prevent escape, disclosure, or indiscretion.

Psalm 91 paints a beautiful picture of how well we are guarded!
Proverbs is an excellent instruction guide on all that we should guard from our heart to our tongues!

My prayer for all of you today is that:
the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?