Grandparents' Day


April 11
Sorry to be so late today, but last night we drove five hours to be able to be present at Grandparents' Day in VA Beach this morning.  The love this young fellow bestows upon us is just plain sweet.
To listen to these children recite scripture and sing praises to the Lord blesses the soul.
I count it a privilege to be called Mama Boo.
The other day I read a sweet, sweet story by Karen Kingsbury about honoring the older generation. She is intentional in training up her children to visit nursing homes at Christmas time…spreading joy. I'm praying our grandchildren will still love us when we can't roll on the floor with them and hop like a bunny.
Here is Karen's story.
They were singing Silent Night. It occurred to her that the nights were all too silent for many grandmothers.  She writes: "Done with their mothering and even their grandmothering, these women are often lonely and afflicted, the people in their lives too busy for them.  As we sing, I look at my own children and find myself silently praying that they will be the type of adults who will care about the generations who have cone before them."  She wrote this prayer" "Dear Lord, help me be mindful of the aging women in my life and community. Let me be a part of the solution to their loneliness and affliction, and help me train up my children and grandchildren to love and care for the generations that have come before them. In Jesus' Name Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?