Gain Wisdom

 

Two Christians ministries in our area have openings for leadership postions.  A younger man approached me and said, "So, don't you think what they need is someone young and energetic, who will stay for a long time?"  My reply, "I think what they need is someone full of wisdom, who seeks the Lord continually for wisdom in all their decisions."  The discussion abruptly ended.

At 4AM the following day, I awakened with a startle from a dream.  In the dream, I was touring in Israel, with several elementary aged students.  Two wandered away from me and before I knew it they had been kidnapped. It was an awful feeling. I began seeking the Lord for the meaning of this dream and he took me back to the word "value" which has been on my mind since May.  "Warning!  People are wandering off!  They do not see value in the wisdom from the old, nor in God's Word.  Like the man said, our culture values youth and high energy, but God tells is it is better to gain wisdom."

Lord Jesus help these future generations to lift up your Word meditate on it seeking truth. Stir their hearts and minds to look back and see the value in seeking wisdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen


Job 12:12 says, Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old.  There is value in seeking advice from older adults. 1 Kings 12:6 tells us that Solomon once sought the expertise of older men who helped him make important decisions about the kingdom of Israel.


The older I get I see one specific blessing of aging is gaining wisdom from experience, from watching others navigate life, and from meditating on scripture.  Even the middle of the night wake up calls have purpose.


If anyone of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  James 1:5


The Song

"The Perfect Wisdom of Our God." Keith and Kristyn Getty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnzYnOe6kI

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?