Who is Calling?

 

Our two year old granddaughter gazing at the Mill Mountain Star, Roanoke, VA

The call came and one of my favorite teenagers in my life was screaming "You need to pray, just pray right now! The ambulances are here!"  Trying to calm her down through the sobs and understand what was going on,  I realized I needed to get my husband to the hospital to meet a family from our church.  This young woman and her siblings had witness a tragedy and I was just as concerned about them.  I shouldn't be driving. I was worn to exhaustion and had broken out with shingles the day before and was in awful pain. Fortunately there were adults with these children.  Just as my husband left the hospital, he received a call about another church member and had to turn around and go back.

That made me think about how a stop light works. We likewise get warnings to slow down, stop and rest in the Lord and then go following His plan, which will not exhaust. Maybe I need a yellow caution light blinking in my kitchen as a reminder to only step into the situations God is calling us to.

There are so many good callings, but God isn't calling us to everyone.

Likewise there are so many good Bible Studies opportunities. Recently, I've found myself in a quandary trying to decipher  "which is best."

Isaiah 1:17

Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.


Mark 16:15

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”


1 Corinthians 7:17

Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.


Ephesians 4:1. It is a higher calling than the profession we choose to practice. When you sincerely seek to please God in all you do and when you honor Him by how you do your work and live your life, you are walking worthy of your calling and living a life of significance.


God is standing at the doors of our hearts and knocking, but he isn’t calling us to all come to the same place. He had gifted each of us differently and he has different plans and purposes for each of us. So, it is He who should be determining what He has planned for us to do.  When we seek God, answer HIS calling and allow his desires to be our desires life is more peaceful and purposeful. 


Philippians 4:7 tells us that, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


The Song

Ha, Im laughing, I'm rushing out the door and don't have time to find a song today.

Wait. Danny Gokey has a song called "Slow Down" but I don't have time to check it out.

Here's the link.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTYAkbZojV4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?