Don't Look!

When you grandson requests a ninja turtle pancake.
 

My husband is a gift from God. He is a provider and protector who loves me well. I just hollered to him in the other room...."You know what?" With hesitation he said, "What?"  I exclaimed, "You are my favorite human being on this earth and I thank God everyday for your faithfulness to me!" 

He knows I'm leary of dead birds and will sound an alarm warning to avoid an area when there is one in the yard or on the patio he hasn't removed. When we are driving and he sees roadkill he's quick to say "Don't look!"

After I witnessed the pit bull attack on our grandson he knew the mere site of one of those dogs could set off the PTSD I was dealing with.  We were driving and at a stop sign one day, when he saw a person approaching, walking a pit bull and he quickly said, "Do not turn to the right." Another time we were staying in a hotel with several of the grands and he saw a woman walking down the hotel hallway with a pit bull and he quickly pulled us all into our hotel room.

I thank God for this man.

Just last week I was driving to the grocery store alone and saw roadkill and thought "Don't look!"  Then the Spirit said, "Write a devotional about not looking at what is dead, but look to Jesus who is alive!"

In the story of the prodigal son we are reminded that those not in Christ are lost, dead and headed to Hell. But in Christ Jesus we are found and risen to new life, eternal life!

And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to celebrate.  Luke 15:23-24

I'm praying right now for each of you who reads this, to see this holiday season, someone you love, who is dead to Christ, come alive!

The Song

“Alive in You” Kim Walker-Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp-kT3Pl3tw

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?