Letting Go- No More Predictable

No way of knowing the outcome of this final game of the season, but it included 3 touchdowns for this sweet grandson!  His little brother and cousin were so proud to claim him as theirs!

Life is not predictable. In Laura Story's song "Hello Unknown" she voices what we all feel...I just want to know what is next, what is going to happen.  Life isn't like that.

A couple siblings were getting into it. One's cell phone had not charged overnight and she wanted to blame someone for the inconvenience. She lashed out at an older sibling who shouted back "I didn't touch your phone!"

I was in the vicinity and simply said to the older sibling, "Frozen." He looked at me first of all like, "Why are you listening to this" and then the puzzling expression which said, "What does "Frozen" mean?" I smiled and said, "Let is go, let it go!"

He gave a big grin and walked away from the altercation.

Life dishes out the unexpected every day.  Most of the time we have to venture into the unknown trusting the Lord to see us through what life dishes out.  I sit in the back of the church Sunday mornings ready for the unexpected.  As I look out upon all the people I can only imagine what they have all carried into church.  What I pray they carry out is the joy that comes from worship and the confidence that comes from knowing Jesus never leaves us or forsakes us, no matter what comes.

So, we can greet the unknown with a big "hello"!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hopeJeremiah 29:11

The Song

"Hello Unknown" Laura Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnI0H179jT8





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?