Pounce on the Positive


Somewhere recently I heard someone say, "Pounce on the Positive."It may have been a campaign promise to not have a negative campaign. I do know that is a theme God is pounding into me.  Look for the good.

I may have shared that our grandson was bemoaning the pain I am in with my knee.  He had the saddest look on his face. I assured him, it's okay because guess what, "It's just one body part. Let's look at all the parts that do work." We ended up laughing! That outlook has lifted my spirits as well.

The Lord took me back to the day the church held a reception at our main campus for people to get to know Deke and myself as the newest pastor and his wife.  I knew very few people at this campus.

One woman came through the receiving line wearing a red brimmed hat and big dark glasses. She may have had gloves on as well.  I introduced myself and she whispered, "I know who you are and I know things about you." It was creepy. She said the same thing to my husband.  We had no clue who was tossing this devil dart upon us on what should be a day of welcoming and rejoicing.

God knows all my filth, but chooses to show me mercy again and again, scooping me out of my sin and into His arms.  He has been writing a new story with my life ever since the day I surrendered to Him and I don't always make it easy.

Ruth Chou Simons wrote: "His kindness and love aren't extended to the holy, but the humble."

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. Micah 7:18 (ESV)  

The contemporary English version puts it this way:

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love.

Let's pounce on the positive and pour the love of Christ into others today. Our words and actions matter.

The Song

"Yet" by Maverick City Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcRd1yWPVeo



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?