Regeneration

Thankful to have this many of us here this holiday.
My heart is full seeing the people I love so much and have invested in so deeply,
loving one another. Thankful we have a place like Shiloh for our encampment and woods for this band of merry men and women to romp and play.

Science was not my thing. I made it through high school with straight A's but it took a lot of memorizing with gritted teeth to make it through science. And dissecting the worm and frog...yuck. I still smell the formaldehyde!

Regeneration is a scientific word relating to "the natural process of replacing or restoring damaged or missing cells, tissues, organs, and even entire body parts to full function in plants and animals. Scientist are studying regeneration for it's potential uses in medicine, such as treating a variety of injuries and diseases."

When one of our grands gets a "boo boo" I talked to them very enthusiastically about the miracle God does through sending scabs and creating new skin underneath.

Hallelujah! I praise God for the people who tirelessly work in medical research looking for breakthroughs. 

The word regeneration jumped into my brain when I read this quote by Thomas Adams...

Repentance is a change of the mind and regeneration is a change of the man.

One dictionary definition said regeneration means "to give new life."

Jesus is our Regenerator!

Did you ever have an authority figure ask you..."Have you had a change of heart?"

Only God can give us a new changed heart. Ruth Simons wrote-"Your new heart is straight from the intentional loving heart of God...Your new heart is made to carry you on the journey Christ has set before you. It's stronger than you think."

Ezekiel 36:26-27 speaks of the heart surgery God does.

 "I will take away your stubborn heart and give you a new heart and a desire to be faithful. You will have only pure thoughts, because I will put my Spirit in you and make you eager to obey my laws and teachings."

Why does God give us new hearts? It's not to run faster, live longer or be more attuned to romance. t's all about Jesus and what God has for us to do in His name.

The Song

“Just as I AM” Carrie Underwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QCn2Jn1sPY


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?