The Plan



Angels we will hear on high!

In my earlier years I liked to plan. It was actually a survival mode having six children only eight years apart.  We arrived at a point where they were only allowed to participate in two extra curricular activities a week, because that equated to 12 places for us to deliver them. 

Vacations had to be planned around school breaks. One year they were attending four different schools.

Meals, clothing, sports/sporting equipment, music lessons, church and Young Life activities, homework, gifts for attending friends' birthday parties, feeding pets, extra curricular activities, doctor and dental appointments and household chores required keeping my day timer by my side. Drinking alcohol was not an option! I needed full brain function. 

We prayed our way through those years and are still in prayer mode as our family has grown from 8 to 28 members.

God is the ultimate planner!  How He keeps the universe in tact and Heaven functioning at maximum capacity points to the fact there is none like Him and never will be. I can't keep up with 28 Andrews and all their needs. His ways are so much higher than ours.

My mother's favorite Bible passage points to God's amazing plan for each of us.                

My guess is this verse surfaced as a favorite as she aged. Next month I will be 67 and I think a lot about God's timing and when I will transition from this earthly body to the body that God has for me in my heavenly home.

John 14:1-3 NLT

 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."

This translation reminds me that the timing of our journeys home is not on our calendars, but on God's.  We are not to fret about it, but trust in His plan. He is the contractor getting everything ready, in His perfect time, for us to move in and be with Him forever.

The Song

“I Can Only Imagine” Mercy Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lrrq_opng

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?