He Walks with me and talks with me!

May 11

The overcast sky appears to have blanketed creation. Not a chirp is being heard outside right now, the blustery winds which have been blowing the past few days are still and not a leaf is wiggling. The lake waters are even calm, neither appearing to be flowing in or out and there are no boats out and about. Eerie. Maybe I better turn on the tube and see if I am missing something.

For my fifty and something friends, I don't want you to miss out on an amazing Psalms Now that I read this morning. #71 It is lengthy, but I know I will benefit from putting it into my brain by typing.
Some people like to hoard the good things they find. Thinking back on my early dating days with my husband, he was not one to share what was on his plate and he didn't like you adding things you didn't want to his! Now we eat out of the same salad bowl! Ah, the beauty of growing old together! It has been a blessing growing with you through this devotional all these years, so I want to take the time to let you nibble off what God served me this morning. :)
#71 Psalms Now
"Good Lord, You have kept me within the secure embrace of Your love these many years.
My life is one long list of divine deliverances. I have come running to You again and again when the forces of evil set themselves against me.
From the moment of my birth, I was dedicated to Your will, given life by You only to yield it back to You. And since that time, the days and hours of my life have been filled with praise for You.
But the enemies that plagued me in my youth still lay siege to my soul, looking for chinks in my armor, for loopholes in my defenses, through which to enter and lay waste.
Now, as I near the late afternoon and evening of my life, I continue to seek Your love and mercy. Even while I shout Your praises and proclaim Your salvation, I reach for the assurance of Your love and concern.
You have guided me through my precarious youth, now I need Your grace for my senior years. Fill my heart with purpose and my mouth with praises so I may continue to proclaim Your name and Your salvation to all who will listen.

You are, O God, the Creator and Performer of great and glorious things. There is no on like You. You have kept me safe throughout life's conflicts, led me through its crucible of experiences, drawn me back from its pitfalls and precipices, healed all my wounds, and comforted me in my afflictions. Thus I know that You will continue to love and care for me.

I will dedicate my remaining days to praising You, espousing Your faithfulness, and proclaiming Your love and concern for all who will turn to You. May every fiber of my being and every activity of my life resound with praises to my God."

Just as I have finished typing, spring showers have begun being poured out upon the earth providing a cleansing and refreshment. Ah, that is just another gift from the God I love!

Father, Your love is amazing. Cause each of us to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; to trust in You and be willing to walk in the way which You show us and to know Your voice. In Jesus' name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?