Hey There My Pretty.

May 12

The bird outside my window is calling out a phrase which sounds like...
Hey there, my pretty. Hmm, didn't the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz say something similar to that? Or possibly it was the witch peddling apples in Sleeping Beauty.

On the flip side of devious deceivers like those two witches, there is the Lord our God who looks at each of us and says, "Hey there my pretty, I have plans for us today! Stand tall my child and face the world which I have placed you in knowing you are the child of the King. Spread joy with your smile and portray the love of Christ as you take time to look deeply into the eyes of another. Hey there my pretty, your tender touch may be the only touch another receives today...give of yourself today!"

As believers we are blessed to be equipped with the Holy Spirit and we can call on him for discernment. God's voice is one which always speaks loving correction and encouragement. We must train our ears to recognize the Shepherd's calling.


A truthful witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.
The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning. Stay away from a foolish man, for you will not find knowledge on his lips.
Proverbs 14:5-7

The world is whispering so many lies right now. To not become discouraged. Trust in the Lord.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?