Get Your Joy On

This one always has her joy on!
September 13-14

Whew, yesterday, I had one of those days where joy doesn't come naturally, it comes by faith.
While bearing some sad news for someone dear to my heart, it was tough to get my joy on.
We had a precious father/son combo here at Shiloh using the property for what is called Passport to Purity.  A five gallon water jug burst and leaked through to a bedroom ceiling creating quite a mess.  Add to the my dermatology appointment and nineteen stingy frozen spots and I was at the point of telling Jesus he'd have to get my joy on!

With the days events I had not written a daily note of encouragement to the ladies doing Bible study here this fall. Opening the Beth Moore lesson I had to chuckle at the words facing me on page 27 of Children of the Day.

"Joy in hardship is weird…People who retain delight while walking through demoralizing circumstances are not normal.  They are either delusional, detached, or, in the case of the new Thessalonian believers, engulfed by the Holy Spirit."

Oh, Lord, I want to be engulfed by the Holy Spirit. In Jesus Name. Amen!

Paul and disciples had been booted from the region for preaching Jesus. Look at how they exited…

So they shook the dust off their feet as a warning to them and went to Iconium. And the disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.   Acts 13:51-52

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?