What Do We Treasure

Summer treasures hunts are SO much fun.

September 1

Well, the Escape Away with Jesus Day went so, so.  What I'd hoped to be six hours away with him didn't quite look like that. Not picking up that cell phone is the discipline issue for me.  The mama in me couldn't help but check on the Louisianan child and his wife and see what the water levels were there.  Then I just had to hear the voice of the Minnesota son, as his family is walking through such heartache.  I allowed my self to get sucked into a load of wash and kitchen clean up, before finally heading out for grocery shopping and another errand.

"You are worried and troubled about many things, but only one thing is needed."  Luke 10:41

It was 1:00 before I actually ran off with Jesus purposely leaving my phone behind! Taking a potty break, I glanced at my text messages along the path to the bathroom.  One simply read: "Are you home?"  Dilemma. What would Jesus do?  Ten minutes later footsteps made their way up our spiral stairway to my screened porch treehouse where I was hiding out with Jesus.  The two hours of fellowship was sweet and prayer time precious...and yes, Jesus was still there.

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding." Proverbs 3:5

That verse pretty well sums up my biggest take away from the "Date Day."  More to come about that.

In Jonathan's Cahn's, "The Book Of Mysteries, he talks about The Tent of Meeting being set up first and in the center of the Israelites camps. After it is positioned, all the other tents are laid out on the outskirts. He relates this to our lives in that the most important part of our day is our meeting time with God. It should be the central part of our day in which every other part in planned around.

As we fill in our calendars each day let's be certain to slot our "God appointment" first and then add the other activities!

"...for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Matthew 6:21

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?