She Fought the Good Fight


February 27
Bible Gateway's verse yesterday was:
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9


A fitting verse for the day my everyday friend, soul sister, monster of the faith and mischievous partner in crime, Kaye, left this world behind and headed to her heavenly home. My husband was able to be by her bedside and said he knew she heard the words of our faith that he shared. Her sweet daughter held the phone up to her ear so I could say good-bye and the brightest single star you have ever seen shown through my bedroom window as she exited this earth!
Yesterday, my heart literally ached so badly that I told the Lord, "Take me too!" Wouldn't she have been surprised if I had snuck up on her in heaven and said, "Thought you were going somewhere without me, did ya."

When we received the call she was ready to go, I called out to the Lord for comfort and He led me to the Bible Gateway verse above and then I was able to turn 2 Timothy 4:6-8 into this final farewell which her daughter read to her.

You have fought the good fight, you have finished the race and kept the faith. Now go get that crown of righteousness, which the Lord is waiting to award you. 2 Timothy 4:6-8


Father, thank you that Kaye is no longer in pain, thank you for all that she taught so many of us these past 8 years while she valiantly fought cancer by clinging to her faith and your promises. Strengthen her family and friends in the days ahead and please, please bring her grandson, Max, into this world on March 7th happy, healthy and ready to be loved. We do not understand Your ways Lord, but we know You are good. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Here are some photos of one of my very favorite people of all time.
She always made me feel loved and gave me a reason to laugh.

Six members of her family were baptized here at Shiloh!
What a day of rejoicing that was.
Kaye's smile was infectious.
She had a mighty fine wig and looked gorgeous!

She will be desperately missed, but deserves every ounce of happiness she is experiencing.
I can't wait for her to show me around heaven!
One final laugh...she loved my hair dresser, who has done my hair for over 30 years. Right now he has my hair really long. One day in the hospital she said, "Your hair looks beautiful." I said, "But it is so long. Would you really tell me the truth if you didn't like it?" She said, "Oh course I would. It looks fabulous. I was just wondering if you are having a mid-life crisis and trying to catch a younger man."
We all need friends who speak the truth in love! I will miss you dear friend. Loads of love, Boo


Popular posts from this blog

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?